21 Jul Torrent Closures certified with ISO 22000 for food safety control
Food safety control system implemented in ISO 22000 ensures that all relevant food safety hazards are identified and adequately controlled at each step within the food chain.
Food safety control system implemented in ISO 22000 ensures that all relevant food safety hazards are identified and adequately controlled at each step within the food chain. Companies like Torrent Closures nowadays face an increasing number of requirements from clients, final customers and legal regulators to ensure that our products are safe. Therefore, a commitment to risk management will be a great competitive advantage.
In structure and content, ISO 22000 is based on the requirements of a Quality Management System, and is extended to include the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points and food safety. The result is tracking the focus of the company towards a preventive analysis to improve food security in the course of the entire supply chain. ISO 22000 is designed to be compatible with other international management standards, making it suitable for integration with existing management systems in our company, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
The benefits for Food safety control system having obtained the ISO 22000:
- The fulfillment of the most demanding requirements for Food safety control system, providing assurances of legal compliance.
- To promote exports and the international recognition of our company.
- Increase the competitiveness of Torrent Closures
- We win customer confidence, ensuring the safety of our products.
- It allows an interactive and effective communication along the supply chain.
- Provides a tool to implement improvements in the field of food security, with greater assurance of safety in manufactured products.
The ISO 22000 standard is based on the following key elements:
- Interactive communication: An essential for the management of risk. A structured information flow in all directions, internally and externally. Ensures effective control of risks.
- Prerequisite Programs: Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Hygienic Practices, Pest Control, Design and Maintenance of Buildings and Equipment. The HACCP study is based in these pre-requisites.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Principles: The basic methodology for planning safe and suitable production processes for the company.